Key features of backbone.js:
- The Backbone library consists of events, models, collections, views, and router.
- BackPlug online repository with a lot of ready solutions for Backbone-based apps.
- You can use template engines such as Mustache and jQuery-tmpl.
- Backbone generator CLI for building Backbone apps.
It is a perfect choice for front-end and back-end development as it supports REST APIs that are used to synchronize the front-end and back-end. You can read the tutorial here.
Companies using BackboneJs
Uber, Pinterest, Airbnb, Hulu, Groupon and reddit.
One of Ember’s best features is its command line interface tool. The Ember CLI helps front-end developers be highly productive and lets them complete projects on time. You can not only create new projects with ready setups, but you can also create controllers, components, and project files using automatic generation.
Key features of ember.js:
- Ember CLI tool for quick prototyping and managing dependencies.
- Ember server built into the framework for the development of apps.
- You’ll get Ember.js library and Ember Data for data management.
- Handlebars template engine for Ember applications.
- QUnit testing framework for Ember.
- Ember Inspector development tool for Chrome and Firefox browsers.
- Ember Observer for public storage and Ember addons to implement generic functionalities.
Although Ember is underrated, it’s perfect for creating complex client-side apps. You can read the tutorial here.
Companies using EmberJs
Twitch, LinkedIn, Square, Apple Music, Accenture, DigitalOcean
With Vue you store component logic and layouts along with stylesheets in one file. This is the same way React works, without stylesheets. To let components talk to each other, Vue uses the props and state objects. This approach also existed in React before Vue adopted it.
If you’re choosing between Vue and Angular, the reasons to opt for Vue over Angular can be reduced to the following: Angular is an over-complicated, full-fledged framework with a restrictive nature; Vue is much simpler and less restrictive than Angular.
Key features of VueJs:
- Vuex comes with a dedicated library for application management.
- Vuex is similar to the concept of Flux.
- You will get Vue-loader for components and vue.js devtools for Chrome and Firefox browsers.
- Vue-resource and Axios tools for communication between Vue and the backend source.
- It also support Nuxt.js for creating server-side applications with Vue; Nuxt.js is basically a competitor to Angular Universal.
Vue is excellent in terms of its workflow to other frameworks. I might opt for Vue because it’s less complicated than React and Angular JS and a great choice for developing enterprise-level apps. You can read the tutorial here.
Companies using VueJs
Grammarly, 9GAG, Behance, GitLab, Offers.com, Nintendo, Adobe
Angular’s flexibility is commendable. That’s why Angular’s 1.x versions are still in demand. However, many developers currently rely on Angular 2+ because of its MVC architecture which has changed substantially to a component based architecture.
Angular has a couple of additional challenges. You’re almost obliged to use TypeScript to ensure type safety in Angular apps. TypeScript makes the Angular 2+ framework not so pleasant to work with.
Key features of Angular:
- For quick project setup, Angular’s command line interface is helpful.
- Developers will get a set of modules for Angular projects: @angular/common, @angular/compiler, @angular/core, @angular/forms, @angular/http, @angular/platform-browser, @angular/platform-browser-dynamic, @angular/router, and @angular/upgrade.
- TypeScript and CoffeeScript both can be used with Angular.
- For communication with server-side apps, Angular uses RxJS and the Observable pattern.
- Angular Augury for debugging Angular apps.
- Angular Universal for creating server-side apps with Angular.
Companies using Angular
Google, YouTube, PayPal, Udemy, IBM and Amazon.
React is a library, not a full-fledged framework that makes it one of the simplest frameworks to learn, especially if to compare with its constant rival — Angular.
To use React, you’ll have to learn to use a plethora of additional tools to reach a high flexibility in front-end development. For example, here’s a less exhaustive list of libraries you can use with React: Redux, MobX, Fluxy, Fluxible, or RefluxJS. React can also be used with jQuery AJAX, fetch API, Superagent, and Axios.
Key features of ReactJs:
- The React library plus React router for implementing routes.
- React-DOM for DOM manipulation.
- Its developer tools for Firefox and Chrome browsers.
- React Create App command line interface to set up a React project.
- Redux and Axios libraries to organize communication with the backend team.
Companies using ReactJs
Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Netflix, Khan Academy, WhatsApp, DropBox